Friday, May 16, 2008

Well Baby Checkup

I know what your thinking...why is Eli having a Well Baby checkup at 7 1/2 months? It's a long story, but the sum of it is, I goofed and took him in for an extra one (How was I to know he didn't need a 3 month check? ;-)

That said, Eli is, indeed, a well baby. He is up to 16 pounds 6 ounces and is 27 1/2 inches long! (My little 6 pound 12 ounce, 21 inch baby is growing up!) That puts him in the 25% for weight and just below the 50% for height. Though he isn't a big guy, his pediatrician said his growth is very normal. He got two shots this go-round and, as always, was an absolute trooper.

The only not-so-great news is that he has a lazy eye. His left eye doesn't track quite as well as it should. (Some mom I am-I never even noticed!) It's probably nothing major, but we'll have to head to Children's in the next few weeks to get it checked out by a pediatric ophthalmologist. His pediatrician assured me over and over that it's nothing big, just something we should have checked out...I'll keep you posted on the diagnosis.

Something about going in to the Dr's office really marks time and helps me to realize how much Eli has grown and changed. Each time I put him on the baby scale, I instantly flash back to his very first checkup. He was so tiny it seemed the scale would swallow him up...now when I try to settle him in it, his chubby legs hang off the end. Wow! Time really does fly!

1 comment:

Boyd Family said...

Glad to hear your little man is doing so well! I'm sure the lazy eye will be just fine but let us know how it goes at Children's. I can't believe that Mack weighs more than Eli and is a few months younger! Well he was quite a bit larger at birth :). Enjoy him they do grow so quickly!