Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Little Accountability

You know how they say if you share a goal with another person, you'll be more accountable? Well, I figure if I post this on my blog, I'll really be accountable...

I told myself (and all the reasonable literature affirmed) that the baby weight would take nine months to gain and, likewise, nine months to lose. Sounds reasonable, right? The only problem is, I did the math yesterday and Eli will be nine months old in a month and a half! I'm down to the last few pounds (ok, ok-I'm not talking a few as in two-I've got 5-6 lbs to go...). The fact that I'm anywhere near my goal has everything to do with little Eli's voracious appetite and nothing to do with my eating/exercise habits the past 8 months. That said, I'm committing myself to less snacking, smaller portions, and more regular exercise. There! I said it for all the world to read, so now I better get to work! Wish me luck, and please be sure to answer the survey!

No comments: