Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Work Update

All my arrangements for going back to work are finally all in place. I actually am feeling way better about it now! Maddy Y. is going to be coming here to watch Eli. She is a close friend that we meet with every Sunday morning and she is awesome with Eli! It is the next best thing to me being here with him. Amy also agreed to do back up, so no matter what, I'll be leaving Eli in capable, loving hands.
I'll be teaching the a morning kindergarten class at my old school. The district just cut the extra half-hour they used to add to each kindergarten day because of budgeting. That means I'll be away lessI also found out that I'll get to share a room with a teacher named Paige. She and I get along famously and are hoping to get to do some collaborative planning.
As far as completing my Professional Certification goes, I'm all set to start a cohort program through Western this fall. I'm taking as many professional development classes as I can this summer to help me with the "Core" component of the program. The good thing about taking classes this summer means I only have to be gone one or two days at a time, rather than every day or in the evenings for college classes. So, over all, I'm feeling pretty good about how this is all working out. Next year will be busy and I know there will be lots of moments that I feel terrible for being away from Eli, but I finally feel like it's all going to work out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for signing our guestbook on our blog :-) Eli is SO adorable!! I can't believe he wasn't even born yet while we were there. Fun to see all the pictures!

I've been thinking about finishing up my degree and getting a teaching certificate here in Texas, so cool to hear about your experiences, especially with the little one now :-)

Hope all is well!

- Anamarie
www.bradley-anamarie.com