Sunday, October 6, 2013

First


Tonight marked a very big first for Eli!  In addition to the actual losing of the tooth, now there's the first night of going to bed waiting for the tooth fairy (hence why this mama is still up waiting to assist in her arrival!)

Oh, goodness-these firsts are all so exciting, but this one-well this one feels monumental.  Yes-that tooth and the hole it left behind are actually so small in size, but this next step of growing up-well it feels so very big.  I can remember exactly the moment I first noticed that tooth-his first.  We were sitting on the floor my drooly, sweet baby boy and I.  As he chomped on my finger, I remember thinking, "there's something in there!"  Oh, I can so recall that exact moment.  And I remember looking at him thinking, this is big-he's growing so quickly!  And now, here we are, catapulting into the next stage of growing up.  And I'm sure I'll look back and remember so clearly standing in the bathroom assuring him that yes if I just touched his tooth with the wash cloth it would fall right out, and the excitement in his eyes when it did, and the racing to tell daddy, and the calls to nana and papa and granma and granpa-we don't soon forget these firsts, do we?


With his tooth tucked safely in an envelope, he insisted a letter MUST be written.  Clearly, pink was the most suitable choice. (She likes pink and purple, I'm informed).  For those whose native tongue may not be phonetic spelling, his letter reads, "Tooth Fairy, I pulled my tooth out with a wash cloth.  Eli." Surely that's important information for a tooth fairy to have.


And now, my friends-now I get to play Tooth Fairy.  I would certainly be lying if I said I had all kinds of clever traditions up my sleeve.  I can't even say I've really thought and planned celebrating this first like we have some of the others. Perhaps it is time to hop on over to pinterest and see just what kind of Tooth Fairy fun there is to be had.

No comments: