Saturday, June 26, 2010

Backyard Makeover

"This summer we're just going to relax and not start any big projects"...yeah right! What a project this has turned out to be. I like to call these our "if you give a mouse a cookie" projects (if you've read the book, you know what I'm talking about). This whole thing started out with a need for a fence to keep Eli safe, then evolved to include entry ways with arbors, a drainage system for the downspouts, a sunken play area, sandbox for Eli, new beds for a vegetable garden and way more lawn space! I had great intentions of labeling these pictures "before" and "after" and putting them in order and such. However, Blogger drives me batty, so you're just going to have to do a little guessing. Hopefully not too much guessing-I'd like to think the "after" photos are easy to identify!







3 comments:

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

Trying to decide if Shane's big muscles are before or after! :) Your yard looks great!!!!

Jeff, Rebekah, Chloe, and Wyatt said...

Wow! That is AMAZING!! I can't wait to come see it in person! I had no idea your property went on back further into the tall grass! I have a feeling that you are going to love this space this summer and how nice to be able to let Eli out while you finish up a few things in the house (at least that's what I do =) I really want to see you guys soon!

Sneva Family said...

That looks fabulous! I'm impressed!!